lunes, 15 de diciembre de 2008

DEODATO - VERY TOGETHER (1976)

The sound of the Fender Rhodes piano first came to me through the music of Bob James. I was in my teens back then and before that time I didn't know zip about instruments or their brand names. But I loved the sound and that made me look for more. And if you know the work of Bob James, you'll eventually discover Deodato's work. Eumir's output is enormous and I still don't have all of his records, but I have to admit: not every album he's recorded is great. Today's album, 'Very Together', is a good one though. Maybe the first two tracks, 'Peter Gunn' and 'Spanish Boogie', aren't the strongest openers of the album for some of us, but the rest has this lovable, laid back and at the same time up-tempo, seventies TV-series sound that I like from Deodato. A great record for DJs, only available on expensive Japanese pressings and right here, at 256 Kbps!

No hay comentarios:

Vladimir Espinosa Acoustic Latin Jazz

320 kbs .